VENTURA, Calif. – LINKFRESH, the fresh produce ERP people, announced the immediate availability of its eagerly anticipated LINKFRESH 2016 version for the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform.
This major release of the food industry specific ERP software was built in collaboration with LINKFRESH’s partner, Cegeka and has brought together some of the latest and most powerful functionality yet seen in this critical market.
The new release includes over 50 enhancements and new features to the fresh food functionality further increasing the reach and power of the LINKFRESH ERP solution.
Head of Product at LINKFRESH, Ian Morgan, explains “LINKFRESH 2016 extends upon the very high degree of functional fit for the food industry that has always been a characteristic of the LINKFRESH offering. It delivers a further tranche of industry specific features designed especially for the sector, to give the ‘best ever’ degree of functional fit ‘out of the box’. This minimizes upgrade costs for customers, accelerates implementation times for both customers and our partners, and enables the greatest degree of functional flexibility, which is key to this sector.”
One major enhancement for LINKFRESH 2016 was the addition of a Turbo Cross-Dock feature. LINKFRESH 2016 uses configurable time-based location directives to apply rules to automatically execute stock movement instructions. For example, when raw materials are received into stock, LINKFRESH 2016 will look at where and when this inventory is required in production. If the raw materials are scheduled to be consumed in production within one hour, a time-based location directive would automatically issue a stock movement request to bring the stock straight to the correct production line, otherwise the stock would be directed to a storage location.
A further significant enhancement in LINKFRESH 2016 is the addition of Consignment Pooling, and Pooled Liquidations. LINKFRESH 2016 will calculate grower payback across configurable groupings of consignments to achieve weighted average payments.
Other LINKFRESH 2016 enhancements include:
* Industry specific Catchweight functionality for food and fresh produce to enhance the standard Catchweight functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics AX, taking into account the complexities of packaging weight.
* A new Pallet Configurator to manage the entire pallet allocation, building and stacking process to optimize space in the warehouse, and to maximize On Time In Full (OTIF) deliveries.
* Extension of GTIN and PTI features for product traceability legislation in the USA.
* New features for Quality Control; such as time triggered tests and recurring tests.
* Time conflict management for highly automated processes.
* The ability to transfer ownership of inventory to or from a third party.
* Additional features to help manage and automate the provision of Value Added Logistics activities, such as automated directives to wrap or unwrap a pallet if certain conditions exist, or to automate exception management in the LINKFRESH mobile warehousing application.
* An enhanced LINKFRESH Trading Board to support high speed order entry and rapid supply and demand management.
* Enhanced end-to-end time-based supply chain management features.
* New proactive Distribution Packaging Management features to track full vs empty pallets against planned production jobs, enabling users to proactively plan their requirements for distribution packaging. This feature also provides for the improved management of different packaging configurations.
* Extended Business Intelligence reporting capabilities.
* A new streamlined tabular user interface for the electronic capture of Quality Control data.
* Enhanced Non-Conformance Management.
* New Order Entry features; such as extended Commodity Pricing.
* Overall optimization of the user interface for the LINKFRESH Mobile Applications.
* Further integration of LINKFRESH with the Standard Microsoft Dynamics AX “Wave” functionality to better accommodate high volume production environments.
Commenting on the new software release, LINKFRESH Group CEO Andy Makeham, said, “This is a significant and major software release and one which was developed in close collaboration with our Partners and Customers, further underlining our commitment to our LINKFRESH Partner Channel and to the fresh food industry. LINKFRESH is already known to be the natural choice for fresh produce and this release further illustrates our commitment to this highly specialized sector.”
For more details on LINKFRESH please visit www.linkfresh.com.
LINKFRESH combines its expertise in information technology and the fresh food industry to meet the global demand for fresh, affordable and safe food in the most cost-effective way, enabling the food supply chain to grow and prosper responsibly. A reliable and proven ERP solution, LINKFRESH delivers produce-specific inventory control and traceability solutions across the whole food supply chain and helps balance supply and demand for the food supply chain in real-time.
LINKFRESH Inc. is based in California, US and has locations in both North America and Europe and deploys systems globally through an established partner network.
LINKFRESH is a leading software and IT consultancy group providing Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions. LINKFRESH has won numerous awards over many years for the innovations incorporated into its solutions coupled with the returns on investment achieved by its clients. In 2016 LINKFRESH was awarded the Frost & Sullivan Technology Leadership Award for Food Safety Software. Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has demonstrated uniqueness in developing and leveraging new technologies, which significantly impacts both the functionality and the customer value of the new products and applications.
In 2014, 2012 and 2010 LINKFRESH was named to the Microsoft Dynamics Presidents Club, representing the top 5% of Microsoft Dynamics partners worldwide. In 2013 LINKFRESH was invited to join Microsoft’s Global Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Programme.