WASHINGTON, D.C. (May 12, 2016) – Julie Krivanek, President of Krivanek Consulting Inc., a top strategic thinking and planning firm in the fresh produce industry, will be the honoree and featured speaker at the Reception Honoring Women in Produce, Tuesday, June 21, at United Fresh 2016 in Chicago.
Krivanek began her contribution to the produce industry as keynote speaker for the newly formed United Fresh Produce Industry Leadership Program in 1995. She has served the program as a leadership and business expert for the past 21 years.
The Reception Honoring Women in Produce is held each year in conjunction with the United Fresh convention and expo. The event recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry, and selects one individual to share her personal experience of service. The featured speaker is selected from nominations submitted by United Fresh members across the industry and reviewed by a committee of her peers, including honorees from the past 19 years.
“Julie has had a profound impact on hundreds of individuals and companies across our industry,” said United Fresh President and CEO Tom Stenzel. “Her passion for investing in the future success of the industry through strategic and business consulting is a quality that has set her apart.”
Among her accomplishments, Julie became the youngest and first female Vice President at Standard Oil (now BP Global), a Fortune 10 company. As the company grew and diversified, Julie’s assignments ranged from working with teams on the Alaskan pipeline in Anchorage to coal mines in Hazard, Kentucky. During her career in the mining industry, she was tapped for the merger and acquisition team, serving in the epicenter of strategy development for the company’s national and international holdings. Her skills to develop high-level strategy, incorporating a 360-degree view of business, were shaped by a Master’s degree and the Executive Development program at Columbia University.
“It’s a great privilege to be selected as this year’s Women in Produce honoree and to stand in the company of the women recognized before me,” said Krivanek, “I’m proud to play a part in the future success of the people and businesses in this industry.”
Julie will join a distinguished group of past honorees, including:
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions,
- Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s,
- Karen Caplan, Frieda’s,
- Margaret D’Arrigo, Taylor Farms,
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle,
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Lisa McNeece Miceli, Grimmway Enterprises
- Teri Miller, Delhaize America
- Martha Rhodes-Roberts, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Steffanie Smith, Andrew Smith Company
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company
The Reception Honoring Women in Produce is one of the most popular networking events at the United Fresh annual convention. Tickets are required for the event, and are included in the United Fresh 2016 convention package or All Access Package. For more information about the reception, contact Angela Tiwari, United Fresh Director of Grassroots & Political Action, at 202-303-3416.